ももへの手紙 (Momo e no tegami)
Momo is an 11-year-old girl who grew up in a big city. After the loss of her father, she moves to the old family house on a remote island where time has stopped: old wooden buildings, holy shrines and no big shops in sight. Momo is not too fond of her new habitat, and her heart is feeling uneasy about an unfinished letter her father left behind with only two words: “Dear Momo.” One day, exploring the attic of her new big house, she finds an antique book and is visited by three bizarre creatures…
A Letter to Momo is the highly anticipated second directorial effort by world-acclaimed anime director Hiroyuki Okiura (Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade). Seven years in the making and supported by a top-class team of skilled creators, A Letter to Momo combines state-of-the-art traditional hand drawn animation with heart-warming, emotional storytelling for children and adults alike.
Showing at: ICA, London; mac birmingham, Birmingham; Watershed, Bristol; QUAD, Derby; Dundee Contemporary Arts, Dundee; Filmhouse, Edinburgh; Tyneside Cinema, Newcastle upon Tyne; Showroom Cinema, Sheffield; Broadway Cinema, Nottingham; QFT, Belfast.
Distributor: Anime Limited
Images © 2012 “A Letter to Momo” Film Partners
- Filmhouse Tuesday 15 February, 15:50
- ICA Thursday 15 February, 14:00
- Thursday 15 March, 13:00
- Midlands Arts Centre Monday 15 February, 20:15
- Watershed Saturday 15 February, 15:00
- Showroom Cinema Saturday 15 March, 13:00
- QUAD Sunday 15 February, 18:00
- Dundee Contemporary Arts Monday 15 February, 15:30
- Broadway Monday 15 March, 13:45
- Queen's Film Theatre Tuesday 15 March