Kanna (YOSHINE Kyoko) is a university student who, by all appearances, was on the fast track to achieving her dream of becoming a TV announcer. That is, until the day she stabs her father to death without any apparent motive. Assigned to write a book on the crime and the mental state of the perpetrator, clinical psychologist, Yuki (KITAGAWA Keiko), begins a series of face-to-face sessions with Kanna in prison. As Yuki attempts to delve into the motivations for the murder and begins to be drawn into Kanna’s testimony as well as her apparent emotional state, the process in turn causes repressed memories of her own to rise to the surface which she must now confront.
This edge-of-your-seat psychological thriller, adapted from a novel by the Naoki Prize-winning author SHIMAMOTO Rio (who also wrote Shape of Red), will keep you holding your breath until the very last second. Directed by TSUTSUMI Yukihiko (Initiation Love), it brilliantly captures the psychology of women who suffer from their pasts in silence.
©2021 “First Love” Film Partners
- Watershed Sunday 6 February, 14:30
- ICA Friday 11 February, 18:10
- Firstsite Saturday 12 February, 13:00
- ICA Sunday 13 February, 20:40
- Aberystwyth Arts Centre Thursday 24 February, 19:00
- QUAD Sunday 6 March, 19:00
- Cinema City Monday 7 March, 18:00
- Macrobert Arts Centre Wednesday 9 March, 19:45
- Chapter Arts Centre Sunday 13 March, 17:40
- City Screen Monday 28 March, 20:40
- Showroom Cinema Thursday 31 March, 17:45