Manga artist Sawako (KUROKI Haru) has been married to her husband, Toshio (EMOTO Tasuku), for five years. But Toshio is secretly having an affair with Sawako’s editor, Chika (Nao). One day, peeping at Sawako’s new manga about adultery, he is mentally trapped by the thought that his wife might have found out his secret. The manga story then unfolds to show Sawako having a love affair with a younger driving instructor (KANEKO Daichi). Is this manga a complete fantasy? Toshio trembles with fear and jealousy, and so begins the comical game of cat and mouse.
A truly deceptive film which is not nearly as sweet as its title suggests. It depicts a marriage on the verge of rampage and an outrageous of psychological war, where truth and fantasy intertwine with a twist that hurtles the viewer towards a surprising ending. Another highlight of this film is the glimpses into the creative process of Japanese manga artwork.
© 2021 CULTURE ENTERTAINMENT CO.,LTD., HAPPINET PHANTOM STUDIOS CORPORATION, NIKKATSU CORPORATION, C&I ENTERTAINMENT INC.
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 13:00 (GMT)
Online Talk Event hosted on Zoom
Free event, but booking is essential.
- Showroom Cinema Tuesday 7 February, 18:00
- ICA Friday 10 February, 18:10
- Chapter Arts Centre Friday 10 February, 18:25
- Phoenix Leicester Monday 20 February, 20:15
- Firstsite Saturday 25 February, 14:00
- Depot Thursday 2 March, 13:30
- Midlands Arts Centre Wednesday 15 March, 19:45
- Howard Theatre, Downing College (Panorama Journal) Saturday 18 March, 10:00
- Queen's Film Theatre Saturday 25 March, 15:00