(DESTINY Kamakura Monogatari, DESTINY 鎌倉ものがたり)
Soon after tying the knot with mystery author Masakazu Isshiki (Masato Sakai), young bride Akiko (Mitsuki Takahata) finds her new life in old-town Kamakura is steeped in legend as frequent encounters with supernatural creatures become her everyday normalcy. However, upon waking one day, Masakazu discovers that his new bride has been spirited away, seemingly having departed for the afterworld. Resonant of Japanese mythology, Masakazu embarks on an epic journey to the other side to bring her back and meet his destiny – but will he succeed?
Takashi Yamazaki offers an offbeat narrative where lore and reality are spun together in this extravagant live-action adaptation of Ryohei Saigan’s fantasy manga, stylised in a distinctively Hollywood mode.
西岸良平の人気漫画「鎌倉ものがたり」を、「ALWAYS三丁目の夕日」の山崎貴監督が実写映画化したファンタジー・ドラマ。幽霊や魔物たちが人間と共存する古都鎌倉を舞台に、鉄道模型や熱帯魚、骨董を愛する和装のミステリー作家と、黄泉の国へ旅立った愛する妻の顛末を描く。(Japanese synopsis by Eikoku News Digest)
2017/129 min/English Subtitles
- ICA Sunday 3 February, 13:30
- Eden Court Thursday 7 February, 18:00
- QUAD Saturday 9 February, 18:25
- Queen's Film Theatre Saturday 16 February, 15:40
- Storyhouse Sunday 24 February, 12:45
- Dundee Contemporary Arts Sunday 24 February, 18:00
- Brewery Arts Centre Thursday 7 March, 20:15
- Phoenix Leicester Saturday 16 March, 20:15
- Firstsite Sunday 17 March, 15:00
- Exeter Phoenix Wednesday 20 March, 19:30
- Broadway Wednesday 27 March, 20:30